Scale-up of heterogeneous processes made easy
The SpinChem® rotating bed reactor (RBR) is a fully scalable technology, enabling efficient reaction development in the laboratory as well as economic production in the manufacturing plant. Results are consistent across scales, making it easy to predict large-scale performance based on small-scale trials. In this insight, we are going to discuss this smart feature scalability in detail.
The SpinChem® RBR is designed to be flexible and can be used for many heterogeneous reactions. The importance of a scalable reactor technology becomes apparent when:
- You need to achieve greater production economy.
- You have to meet higher customer demand.
- Operations need to be streamlined learn more.
How scalable is the rotating bed reactor?
The SpinChem® RBR is used in the laboratories of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, and deployed in 90,000L+ vessels for wastewater treatment. Minimize surprise by using an RBR for your catalysis or purification.
- Standard RBR models span the range between 150 mL and 100,000 L
- The ProRBR Complete Kit is used for processing in totes.
- 7000 L of water was decolorized using 79 L of activated carbon.
The scalability of the RBR is one of its biggest strengths, but regardless of scale there are also other features such as:
- Ease of automation.
- Short reaction time.
- Prolonged catalyst lifetime.
- Simplified or completely eliminated filtration.
- Convenient screening
Do you think scalability could be helpful to improve your heterogeneous processes? Please feel free to contact us today for a conversation about how SpinChem can help you with scalability.
2022-07- 06 06:00